Gas pipe blockage

I'm not asking you to believe me, its not a court.
a friends dad came and helped me to clear the pipe to see if it avoided paying for a relay, which it appears it has.
he was doing me a favour as he is not meant to do jobs outside of work. I still need the vaillant engineer to return and look at the original problem, as this service is covered by my guarantee, i will use it. But thank you for your observations.

Sponsored Links
Furthermore, a "friends dad" is not Gas Safe registered for doing work on private jobs outside of his employment.

Nor will he carry any insurance should he make a mistake and blow up your house!

It is not wise to have anyone unregistered and uninsured working on gas in your house!

Also, depending on where the 15.8mb measurement was taken (we still don't know where) it might not comply with current regs. Not bashing you personally but trying to help you keep you/kids/neighbours safe. (And me in case you live near me ;)

I'm not asking you to believe me, its not a court.
a friends dad came and helped me to clear the pipe to see if it avoided paying for a relay, which it appears it has.
he was doing me a favour as he is not meant to do jobs outside of work. I still need the vaillant engineer to return and look at the original problem, as this service is covered by my guarantee, i will use it. But thank you for your observations.

This is an installation fault and sorry but it will not be covered by your warranty they might come out but you will most likely be charged for it

Sponsored Links
The measurement was taken from the test point inside the boiler while running at maximum output.
i am starting to worry the guarantee maybe void as none of the paper work was filled in correctly apart from registering the installation. Will be calling vaillant in the morning to see what options i have.

That is the correct place to test the working pressure on the inlet to the gas valve and if you had problems with anything past that point then the manufacturer may get involved but they certainly wont repair anything before that point and why should they ? your only recource is with your installer but I wouldnt have a great deal of faith in him by what you say, you could call gas safe if he was indeed registered and they will oversee a suitable remedy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back