Under cabinet lighting question

Sponsored Links

Hi yes we did look at LEDs I think they look smart but actually in the end we went for these

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...ay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=041790

as the white finish exactly matched our units they were discreetly installed, the light is good and homebase had an offer plus a 15% off weekend so all in all it was pretty good.

Installation: run 3amp fcu from available socket, snip the plug off the new lights and wire them into a junction box that's connected to the 'load' of the fcu.

Snipping the plug DOES invalidate the product warranty as riveralt said as it is seen as 'any or all alterations or modifications'.

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=041790
79W/m

Snipping the plug DOES invalidate the product warranty as riveralt said as it is seen as 'any or all alterations or modifications'.
Plugs are generally viewed as customer replaceable. If you broke one, for example, you'd hardly be expected to return the light to the maker for repair.

Hopefully you'll have no problems, but if you do, and they kick up a fuss, make it clear to them that you'll continue to pursue it, and at some point they'll have to prove that the light itself broke because you removed the plug.

I'll make a stink don't you worry, homebase has had plenty of money from me on plants that seem to struggle anywhere but in-store.

Regretfully I will have to ask you to elaborate on the 79W/m - how did you get to that?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Looks like their calculator only does electricity usage - does not factor in the costs of replacing capsule lamps with a typical manufacturer quoted life of 2000h. (Which means, BTW, that by 2000 hours 50% will have failed).

[EDIT]Typo corrected[/EDIT]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back