Under Stairs Cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya All,

I have a small room in my house. I call it a study :rolleyes: which is 2m wide. At the moment we have the pc in there on a desk, and the gas/electricity metre which is covered up by a DIY Bookshelf. The rest of the room is often used as a dumping ground/junk room.

This would all be solved if i could tidy the whole room up. Whilst the room is only 2m wide, there is spare space under the stairs. This is a space of rougly 80cm wide. It slopes from the top of the room (2.5m) to approx 50cm off the floor.

There used to be a hot air boiler under the stairs which was in a cupboard. The timber frame of this still exists. My thinking was to make this into a larder/pantry cupboard and then use the rest of the under stairs into another cupboard, in which i would store the hoover and ironing board etc.

Can anybody advise me, is this something i could do myself with timber and plasterboard. If so how would i do this?

Meddy.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back