Underfloor heating and Amtico Spacia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a new build that has underfloor heating in the whole ground floor with Amtico spacia (as default).

I am working through the snag list and I am trying to find out if it has been laid out properly but I haven’t been able to find an answer through my searches.

I was told that it’s normal to have a gap between the Amtico boards and no grouting in between, is that really normal ? If it is, what’s considered normal a gap?

Also, I read that grouting is used in the amtico floor but is that the same when it has ufh below ?

Thank you in advance!

Merry Xmas!

Attachments

• 3A73B8C4-9CFB-4CF1-A9C6-B855B27E2978.jpeg
    3A73B8C4-9CFB-4CF1-A9C6-B855B27E2978.jpeg
    347.3 KB · Views: 806
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Shouldn’t be any gaps.

Cause of gaps can be any and all of these faults.

Wrong Adhesive used, it has to a high temp and laid in wet and then the Amtico rolled with a heavy roller 55kg or 70kg

Moisture still in the slab and they haven’t used a moisture suppressant ( liquid dpm ) if the sand & cement screed is less then 3 months old it will probably need a dpm doing before the smoothing compound.

laying the planks not acclimatised to the correct conditions. Maybe to cold and them heating goes on and the planks will shrink.

problem with a lot of new builds are it’s all done in a rush.

Thank you!

I suspect that something isn’t right because that any sand or debris could go into the gaps and that doesn’t look normal at all.

I’ll challenge the developer and see what they say and I might email amtico to see if the say anything (doubt it).

Thank you again

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back