Underfloor heating in one/two rooms only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Never had much experience of UFH myself, but I think I'd like to have it in the kitchen & bathroom of a flat I've just bought.

Its going to have a standard 2 pipe system running off of a Vaillant or Viessmann system boiler with radiators in the hall, the 2 bedrooms & living room, and a small towel rad in the bathroom, and I've been wondering if it would be possible to put some UFH coils running off the boiler in the bathroom and kitchen tiled floors. The problems I can foresee are:

1. UFH normally utilises lower temperatures than my system will be using, can this be overcome?
2. How could I add the UFH onto the system (are fittings available to connect it to copper?)

Any ideas & help would be greatly apreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Its not because the system pump will not cope but because you set up a closed loop circulation just round the UFH .

This operates at about 50°C and if the temperature falls its topped up again by a blender valve.

Before deciding on UFH check the heat requirement. UFH only gives 40-70 watts per square meter and that usually only suits larger rooms.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Try looking at the Geminox DC boilers, these are double circuit boiers, or three really, you have tappings for your cylinder, tappings for radiators and separate tappings for UFH, which has its own built in blending valve and pump in the boiler.
www.geminox-uk.com

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back