underfloor heating RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive understood the bit that I need an rcd for my underfloor heating, I plan on installing the Warm-Up wire type. But do I need to insall another rcd or does the one on the consumer unit count? What I wanted to do was spur off the socket ring main to power the underfloor heating and thermostat. If the rcd on the CU isnt the right thing do I need this http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=14770&ts=12012#

Sponsored Links
The RCD on the CU is fine, as long as it says on it somewhere "0.03A" or "30mA", and it does protect the circuit you are using for the floor.

If not, that RCD you linked to should be fine. ;)

Unfortunately, this work is notifiable to your local council's building control dept under part p of the building regs. Or you will have to use an electrician. Or do it on the side, illegally. Up to you.

crafty1289 said:
Unfortunately, this work is notifiable to your local council's building control dept under part p of the building regs. Or you will have to use an electrician. Or do it on the side, illegally. Up to you.

Only if the heating is in a kitchin or bathroom, which it probably is!! Or maybe outside :eek:

I was under the understanding that UFH was notifiable wherever? :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back