Underfloor heating thermostat location for a bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an option of putting the electric thermostat controller (temp sensor is within the heated floor) either in the loft above the bathroom or in a separate toilet adjacent to the bathroom.

If the separate toilet does not have a basin can I put the thermostat controller in there without breaking the regulations (it will be fitted by a part P registered sparc). I am asking here so I dont look stupid if I ask the spark to do it and it is not possible!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
The regulatins concern a loctation containing a shower tray or a bath, and is not concerned with a basin. (or a sink in a kitchen) There are regulations as to how close it can be mounted to the basin, but it will be OK to mount it within the seperate tiolet. The loft is probably not the best place to put the controller as you will need to be able to get to it each time you want to adjust the temperature or time settings. The normal place to mount it would be on the wall right outside the bathroom (often at low level so it is not as intrusive and to avoid unnescassery damage to the decorations)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back