Underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 years ago I removed one of the radiators in the lounge of our new build. I just pushed the plastic pipe further into the wall cavity and put a blanking plate over to cover.
We are now going to replace our carpet with amtico flooring. Can I use the pipes which were feeding to radiator to an underfloor heating system? If so what do I need?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
SO you're going to use heating pipes which can get to 80+ degrees C to heat the floor, which could also get to 80+.
No.
There's more to it than that.

SO you're going to use heating pipes which can get to 80+ degrees C to heat the floor, which could also get to 80+.
No.
There's more to it than that.

Alright crankey! I think you missed the part where I said "can I"

anyone have any helpful advice?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The problem is that your rads are being fed at 70 C (?) and legally the surface of the floor should not exceed 30 C ( means input temp around 40 C)

The reason for this is that high floor temps can cause a medical problem called "phlebitis" which happened years ago when UFH used much higher input temps because they didn't know any better.

If you were just asking about a bathroom, my opinion would be that a few metres of pipe would not be a problem, I am significantly more circumspect with the area ( and type of usage ) of a lounge

you could run it of the same pipes but because its not a separate zone it will only work when the radiators are on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back