Undergound flying insects.

Under my front window wasp like insects are emerging from little holes in the ground.
They look like a wasp but don't appear to be agressive.
Anyone know what they are?
Mole flies :idea:

That's a fishing thing.... don't forget, we're only one click away from googling this stuff lol!
But I didn`t google it :eek: :cool:

You need to know what to type into the search engine to find what you are looking for.
The thing I love about lunch times on big jobs is that amongst the group of builders lunching there is always someone who will know something really interesting that you don't.
In this case it was joinerjohn.

Sponsored Links
poke a stick at them and see what happens.
:LOL: Sometimes when stripping felt roofs we come across bee hives.I find the blow torch is the ideal tool for dealing with angry wasps.You do not even have to hit them with the flame,just point in their general direction=Bruns their wings off,no wings,no problem :evil: .

poke a stick at them and see what happens.
:LOL: Sometimes when stripping felt roofs we come across bee hives.I find the blow torch is the ideal tool for dealing with angry wasps.You do not even have to hit them with the flame,just point in their general direction=Bruns their wings off,no wings,no problem :evil: .

Was stripping a roof years ago with a mate when he shouts over to me, " A mouse just crawled out of the roof and flew away! "
B***er, the roof had a colony of bats in it so work had to stop for 3 months till they went somewhere to hibernate. Was a nightmare both for us and the homeowner.

Some years ago I when I had just fitted a new back boiler when upon turning the water back on I disscovered that the ball valve in the loft had stuck.
I got my steps in order to enter the loft to free up the valve but when I lifted the trap hatch i heared this very angry buzzzzzing noise coming from inside in the loft. No way was I going up there!
:eek:

Sponsored Links
I've found this on the internet thanks to all the pointers everyone.

The Tawny Mining Bee
will provide an annual service by pollinating your early flowering fruit trees and shrubs (apples, pears, currants and gooseberries) and other garden plants - so helping to ensure good crops later in the year".

Guess what-we have three apple trees in our garden and thanks to these bees we could get a fantastic crop this year

Here's the link if anyones interested. http://www.kendall-bioresearch.co.uk/solbee.htm

Went up someone's loft about 3 yrs ago to have a look at a faulty rooflight. In the middle of the dividing wall, there was this big wasps nest. Looked about the size of a 20" television. As I was coming down, I chucked a piece of 3x2 at it. Last sight I saw as I shut the loft hatch was a cloud of wasps. Got out of that house rather smartish.

excellent craftsmanship.
i hate wasps FULL STOP.
found a few nests in attics over the years when i used to be invovled with preservation companys,they dont half get angry when we used to spray them with insecticide :LOL:,mind you that was with the pump wound up to about 200 psi and a fine jet from the trap hatch. :rolleyes:

Marvellous example of engineering at its finest.

Thanks Crank.

joinerjohn";p="1588048 said:
They are probably, solitary bees. We have them burrowing into the lawns, etc, round our way. About an inch long , brown body with a red backside?
They leave a hole about the diameter of a pencil with soil piled up round it.
if they are SOLITARY then how come they`ve got red backsides-you know the old saying ..It takes two to tango. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back