Underground Aquarium

Sponsored Links
Several of the larger koi pond have viewing windows in the sides so there should be no more problems with a glass panel at the side of the pond.

What sort of depth of water are you thinking of as the pressure goes up as the depth increases, typical pond wall will be 5-6ft deep.

They are done by builing a heavy steel frame into the wall and then fibreglassing the whole lot before bonding a thick sheet of glass to the frame.

Best to ask on a koi forum.

Jason

There are a thousand and one uses for a big hole in the ground! Get digging! Your imagination will run riot as you dig! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Jasonb, you missed the pint, he already has 2 ponds, this one (if you look at the drawing ) is so anyone can walk under it, not just another pond, but as i mentioned it will need a lot of cleeaninbg so the op has shelved this idea

breezer said:
Jasonb, you missed the pint, he already has 2 ponds, this one (if you look at the drawing ) is so anyone can walk under it, not just another pond, but as i mentioned it will need a lot of cleeaninbg so the op has shelved this idea

I meant it was technically no more difficult to make a glass bottom than a glass side window.

Jason

i have to disagree.

firstly its not, since as you pointed out yuo make a steel frams and put the glass in that,

secondly the whole pond is going to be glass, so it wil not be anything like a pond with a panel in the side.

Thanks for replies guys. Nah, the pond idea is dead and buried (excuse the pun lol) I'm afraid and that's before the digging is done lol.

Now, I envision having old steps (like in a castle) leading down to a cellar room which will have an old creaking front door, but it's easier said than done. Still, I need to get this digging over with at the moment. My garden looks like a building site with a 6 foot escavation, but at least without all the fag ends and empty sandwich wrappers lol. I just can't imagine how long it's going to take though and I just hope my barmy ideas are worth getting soil in my boots :p.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back