Underground cable + Pick Axe = ??????

somewhat unlikely given the way the electricity industry is structured in this country.

Sponsored Links
Oh - I dunno.

If you can get it on TV, and have your spokesman say "I've spoken to <insert actual name of actual person with DNO engineering responsibility for your area> and he refuses to do anything about it" who knows what might transpire...

Just an update for anyone interested in the result. The electricity company came out at 9am the next day and patched in a new section of cable, though I would note that they didn't bury it any deeper than before.

I didn't have to pay as they say it should have been buried 18 inches at the least.

Bit of a scary lesson - the depth of the cable is so shallow I could have hit it at any point even if I weren't laying a drive e.g. planting a shrub.

Thanks again and all the best!

Sponsored Links
Domski74";p="1163842 said:
I didn't have to pay as they say it should have been buried 18 inches at the least.
/quote]

So I suppose that means they won't be charging you next time you call them out to repair it, being that it's still too shallow!

I guess not! Ha ha

Still I can't see me damaging it again any time soon as it'll soon be under 4 inches of scalpings and 4 inches of concrete!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back