Underlay for Wet UFH System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was advised to use this underlay https://www.wundatrade.co.uk/shop/tools-accessories-2/3mm-breathable-underlay/# before having my engineered wood floor fitted.

Now it's been done it feels awful under foot and I'm really disappointing that they sold me it. I was expecting that the finished flooring would feel like floorboards and feel solid and not like cheap laminate under foot.

Does anyone have any good experience with using this sort of XPS extruded polystyrene underlay and anything that is better and more premium feeling?

I'm contemplating the extreme measures of having it all lifted, underlay-ed with a better product and having the flooring refitted. Help and advice is really appreciate as all the work we're having done just feels like a money pit and it's getting really annoying that advice form the retailers is not very good.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back