Uneven plasterboard joints

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all my brother in law recently plasterboarded a wall using battens and asked me to plaster it, only done few jobs in my own house. The problem is somehow the boards where they join have steps say 5-6mm step on the joins. I wouldn't tackle this with board or multi, would you recommend using easi fill or joint filler to smooth it off before using multi ? Or anything else ? Thanks in advance much appreciate any feedback :)

Sponsored Links
I'd recommend starting again and doing it properly.

Any other way just he spent some time doing that lol i only offered to plaster it not board it , can't you fill it out with easi fill 20 then feather it in with multi? Thx m8:)

Put some multi on the joint, bed your scrim tape in and leave it a while then when it picks up put another coat of multi on it to flush it up.This will be ok if you are not skimming the walls at this time. Then when you do skim the wall put some pva or sbr on the joint then skim as normal when tacky..If you don't understand this get a plasterer in, ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back