Unexpected Sewer... Where I Want To Build My Pond...

I'm no expert, of course, but I believe that being a sewer for both yourself and your neighbour the responsibility for its upkeep would lie with the water supplier.
That doesn't help with your wish to re-site it, though, I suppose.

It's uphill from us, so it seems just to be for the house behind us... at that point anyway.

Found an old planning application which I've added lines to.

If it does just serve the single house behind, would that mean any issues are the responsibility of them until which point we join?

upload_2019-4-23_0-3-0.png

Sponsored Links
It's uphill from us, so it seems just to be for the house behind us... at that point anyway.

Found an old planning application which I've added lines to.

If it does just serve the single house behind, would that mean any issues are the responsibility of them until which point we join?

View attachment 163210
As far as I know, if the sewer serves yourself and another property (it doesn't matter who it comes to first), it is the responsibility of the supplier.

As I said, I'm no expert. Someone on here who is better informed might be able to confirm that... or not!

As far as I know, if the sewer serves yourself and another property (it doesn't matter who it comes to first), it is the responsibility of the supplier.

As I said, I'm no expert. Someone on here who is better informed might be able to confirm that... or not!

Again no expert, but that is how I understand it. Any pipe which serves only you, is your problem, if it serves you and someone else it is a public sewer even if on your land. I have two such large pipes, one for sewage + grey water, the other for rain water. The authority look after both.

Sponsored Links
If another property drains into it, or it's under your property, but serves another property, it is the Water Company's asset. Any work on, above or around it, they usually like to know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back