Uni Laptop

Sponsored Links
CCL, Aria, Scan and ebuyer are all reliable. Top notch
So are the smaller ones like Overclockers, though I find the shipping to be quite expensive

Nozzle

"You're not cool enough to be in here"
I obviously wasn't when I bought my son his Mac, and they were too busy to serve me. So I went up the road to John Lewis and bought it at a discount. On my way back past Apple I shouted through the door that "they (Macs) are £50 quid cheaper up the road".
That'll learn 'em.

EDIT: It may have been as much as £90 cheaper and something that Apple insisted could not happen. Tossers.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I obviously wasn't when I bought my son his Mac, and they were too busy to serve me. So I went up the road to John Lewis and bought it at a discount. On my way back past Apple I shouted through the door that "they (Macs) are £50 quid cheaper up the road".
That'll learn 'em.

EDIT: It may have been as much as £90 cheaper and something that Apple insisted could not happen. Tossers.
That is exactly the same as what happened to me in the Apple shop in Edinburgh. I stood around trying to get someone’s attention for 15 minutes. When I did get someone’s attention I was told to make an appointment but there would be a 20 minute wait. I walked out and went to John Lewis too.

bought my kids MacBook Airs from JL too, then took them back when they wouldn't honour their price match with Argos who had them cheaper. Had the extra warranty insurance via credit card anyway.

bought my kids MacBook Airs from JL too, then took them back when they wouldn't honour their price match with Argos who had them cheaper. Had the extra warranty insurance via credit card anyway.
What was the reason they wouldn't price match?

they claimed it was out of stock. It wasn't. JL never knowingly undersold is not what it used to be. Increasingly Argos are on par with the internet, on many things.

They have some exclusions: out of stock items, groopon or wowcha, any price that is not freely available to all, items that come with delivery must be able to be delivered by the competitor as quickly as JL would.

I cant take Argos seriously as I only ever used them for my xmas wish list as a kid.

Really convenient, cheap, decent website utility, mostly stuff is in stick, and you can collect rather than have to wait in for delivery.

Sponsored Links
Back