Uni Laptop

There's a guy in the US that repairs Apple stuff.
He pours scorn on their repair service, saying that minor issues like a fuse or a capacitor prompt quotes for a new main board.
Phones are opened up and owners accused of water-damaging them because the markers inside have gone off. But he says these markers go off at the slightest hint of condensation. The phone doesn't have to actually get wet. Then Apple turn round and refuse repairs under warranty.

Sponsored Links
There's a guy in the US that repairs Apple stuff.
He pours scorn on their repair service, saying that minor issues like a fuse or a capacitor prompt quotes for a new main board.
Phones are opened up and owners accused of water-damaging them because the markers inside have gone off. But he says these markers go off at the slightest hint of condensation. The phone doesn't have to actually get wet. Then Apple turn round and refuse repairs under warranty.

It was apple that issued iphone software updates that deliberately slowed down older model phones
They got fined.

I bet Steve is turning in his grave. Today's Apple is not the company he envisaged.

I do wonder what the fine money gets spent on? More valuable to force them to compensate their customers rather than tap them up for 5m which goes back on the margin.

All monopolies abuse their position.

Sponsored Links
I guess it depends on your view of professional. Most of my clients use a mix of both. The high techs and software/it firms all seem to have macs among the more senior staff.

You can’t get away from the clearness of the screen

I guess it depends on your view of professional. Most of my clients use a mix of both. The high techs and software/it firms all seem to have macs among the more senior staff.

You can’t get away from the clearness of the screen

That's coz they're blind and stupid. :LOL:

Anyway, seriously no one in IT uses the laptops screen, they're all docked onto bigger dual screens, so most IT folk have 3 screens available to them, the laptop one not often used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Certain "creative" types indeed
Mostly computer types endorse them and busy management peeps love them.

As said bomb proof and reliable and the set-up is suited to professionals and not particularly aimed at those who just wish to play solitaire.

Mostly computer types endorse them and busy management peeps love them.

As said bomb proof and reliable and the set-up is suited to professionals and not particularly aimed at those who just wish to play solitaire.

In much the same way most tradesmen endorse silverline tools. Solitaire :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back