Unistrut for summer house base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am planning to build a summerhouse ( 4m x 4m)
It will be situated on a section of the garden that has paving on it. This paving isnt perfectly flat but is not so bad that I need to level it off.
Most shed plans seem to show the wooden base just sitting on the slabs, but I would have thought that is a recipe of damp.

So I had the thought of laying lengths of unistrut on the slabs and then the main wooden base on top of that. The added advantage of this is, that if the floor joists are laid at 90 degrees to the unistrut it will support the insulation I intend to lay below the floor.

Do you think this is a viable idea? Would i need any additional DPM ? Finally I know i need a leave a gap between the insulation and the slabs ( would the unistrut be for the insulation to sit on it?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Thats an idea I hadnt thought of. The only problems are the height and the cost. If the unistrut is galvanized It should last a good 15-20 years?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back