units of electricity

Basically what is happening is, during the night average is 15 units per night,, absolutely nothing on at all, exception of the fridge freezer,,, which is now empty and switched off for the process of elimination..... ive been keeping record of the readings,,,,and during the night seems to be the most usage when the only thing that has been on is the fridge freezer,,,,will post a reply the morn and tell ye if it made a difference.... the energy company have been told about this but just get the usual replies ye get from call centres.....

If its not the fridge, the only thing left is my neighbour growing out weed and using my electric lol.....

Sponsored Links
Have you double-checked that the immersion heater switch is off?

I ask merely because in your other topic you seemed to think the heater was a thermostat.

I'm sure you can ask to have your meter changed free of charge if you suspect it's faulty. If they refuse ask for the telephone number of the local consultitive council member. That used to be a hot brick , always used to get fast results when i worked on the board.
Cheers Timmo

Sponsored Links
do you have any 500w halogen security lights or small heaters in your garage or shed !!!!!

and how many hours is overnight!!

a fridge or freezer running continuosly is unlikly to use much more than 200w an hour so both running continuously would be less than 4 units for a 10 hour night

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back