University Fees..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So what are everyone's views on this? I'm guessing, judging by the type of forum that this is that most will be in favour of the changes to increase the students share of the debt caused by further education.

It would seem only far that adults (people 18+) pay for services that they want to receive. This is how the world works. Having an educated populace is important but you would hope people would not see the problem with them taking on the cost of a course which is a) Optional and b) designed to benefit the student.

...and because the fees will be paid when the student gets a job it means people from any back ground have equal access to university.

What are your views?

Sponsored Links
I now think that students considering Mickey Mouse courses will now reconsider and instead of wasting 3 years studying,will try harder to get a job.Whats the point of getting a degree in stained glass production.Yes thre is such a course! Think also of the money they will save by not going to the student bar!! ;)

Extra curricular spending of government provided funds on drinking and such seems to be rite of passage for most university students, my very intelligent niece being one of them :mad:

Our students are (hopefully) the future of our country.....
Just my opinion, but if they complete their course and graduate, I think if they work in Britain for say 5 years, any course fee debt should be written off.
John :)

Sponsored Links
If they don't get at least a 2-2 after their first year they should be sent home.

Not all students get drunk and party all night.

The students that do really well shouldn't have to pay back anything as they'll spend all their lives paying higher taxes.

Perhaps instead of increasing Uni fees, the govt should look at lecturers wages. Averaging somewhere around £30,000 and have the same holidays as the students. Someone on the radio today was complaining that students only get around 16hrs per week in lectures and direct tuition from the lecturers.
A nice earner for the staff.
Have to agree with the poster who mentioned these mickey mouse degree courses. Universities should be made to offer proper degree courses in the sciences, languages and arts, not degree courses in Eastenders and Coronation St, nor courses in "Crossroads, an authoritative statement of Brummie Society in the 70's" ;) ;) ;) ;)

i think it should be free just cut the number what can go and make just go on your A level grades so no matter how much money mummy and daddy have makes no diffrence
and make numbers refelect the number of jobs in that industry
so that all people who go and pass have good getting a job in that industry
and some courses well i think could just be droped if they can`t get job init unless they willing to pay for it

where there are skilled labour shortages such as doctors, nurses, engineers, mathematicians, scientists etc etc I think these degrees should be subsidised or even free to those who have good "A" levels and no savings.

Any non degrees such as learning to speak Klingon, media studies, surfing, philosophy, etc etc should be fully charged to the student imo.

The generation that saved the world from Nazi oppression was rewarded with full employment and the welfare state

Their kids feck up the economy.

How can it be fair that tomorrow's generation has to bail them out?

Gordon Brown stuffed the economy single handedly.

The generation that saved the world from Nazi oppression was rewarded with full employment and the welfare state

Their kids f**k up the economy.

How is the next generation paying for anything...except their own debts?

If someone wants someone to teach them something ....you pay them. Simple.

Their kids f**k up the economy.

when was there full employment...........

straight after ww2 too many people dead and injured beyond being able to work
too much rebuilding to be done
not enough people to do all the jobs
lead to full employment

straight after ww2 too many people dead and injured beyond being able to work
too much rebuilding to be done
not enough people to do all the jobs
lead to full employment

wrong again..... there has never been FULL employment in this country...

Sponsored Links
Back