UNjustified

During combat in Shejaiya, the IDF [Israel Defense Forces] mistakenly identified three Israeli hostages as a threat and as a result fired toward them and the hostages were killed.

Yes. I think they meant to do it.

I don't. It makes no sense.

In a situation like that it's a procedure for soldiers to tell people walking towards them to 'get down on the ground and spread your arms out', to show they're no threat - civilians tend to shout things like "we're Israeli, don't shoot," which cuts no ice with soldiers wise to enemy tricks to get up close and far too personal with their lives. So, to play safe, they shoot first and leave questions for journalists and inquiries after the fact.
In the moment, you can't **** about.

Sponsored Links
Your sarcasm although you think is justified is clearly not.
You say violence is never justified which is obviously a position by its reading is your stance.
So in this case, your case of giving an explanation for Hamas, Palestinians turning to violence, wouldn't be one you agree with but you think is understandable, although you don't agree with it.
You might think that makes sense in gantish. :rolleyes:

They followed the injured civilian into the building, and despite him calling for help in Hebrew, they shot him dead.

Oh, yes, they meant to do it.
I made a mistake.
The injured Israeli was not followed by the soldeirs, into the building.
He did enter the building, injured. The Battalion Commander called for ceasefire. Then he emerged, injured, he was asking for help in Hebrew, then they killed him.

Sponsored Links
You might think that makes sense in gantish. :rolleyes:
You either don't agree with violence because it can never be justified (which is what you said) even though Palastinians do it when provoked and you can understand it but don't condone it, or do you condone it.
Your writing in bloomish your not making yourself clear.

Yes. I don't for one minute think they knew they were killing Jewish hostages. There is no reason for that at all.
The problem is, the hostages were carrying a white flag.
It's easy to say it makes no difference in a combat zone when some Arabs can speak Hebrew as well as a Jew, but the optics are terrible when the hostage family gets in front of a camera. Netanyahu will win this war but he will certainly lose the peace at this rate.

Netanyahu will win this war but he will certainly lose the peace at this rate.
Bibi might think he will have won the battle (and save his own skin), but he'll never win the war...

And with his ilk (on both sides) in power there will never be peace!

There are lots of problems with it and the IDF said procedures weren't followed.
The soldier(s) involved will be given a slap on the wrist and told to learn the lessons...

Make sure it's three Palestinians next time and the state of israel will cover it up ;)

Yes. I don't for one minute think they knew they were killing Jewish hostages. There is no reason for that at all.
It makes you wonder how many Palestinians, women and children, out of the 17,000, have been killed in exactly similar circumstances which will never make the news.

In the West Bank alone since 7 October,
Between 7 October and 23 November in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, Israeli forces killed 211 Palestinians (including 54 children), while Israeli settlers killed an additional eight Palestinians (including one child)

You either don't agree with violence because it can never be justified (which is what you said) even though Palastinians do it when provoked and you can understand it but don't condone it, or do you condone it.
Your writing in bloomish your not making yourself clear.
If you ask the same question time and time again, you might get lucky one day, and get the answer you so desperatel;y want. :rolleyes:
I don't condone idiots making fools of themselves, but I understand why they feel the need to do it. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back