unneeded storage switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's my issue: There are 2 switches with red indicator lights together on the wall, left from a storage/convector heater which was removed. One is an off-peak switch.
We wish to position the new radiator ( beautiful marble thing ) in front of where these switches are and don't think it would be a good idea to leave them there behind the hot marble, plus I'd rather wire in the new heater than just plug it in.
I am hoping, if there's enough slack, to reposition the switch needed for the new heater about 30cm down the wall, and use the hole from the old position to run the heater cable to the new switch position but I was wondering could the other off-peak switch be safely removed? Right now it's just terminated there, without any appliance connected to it - the red light still switches on ( at night only ).

Sponsored Links
Off peak rad supplies are usually run as separate cables right back to the off peak fuseboard. Each rad has its own separate fuse.
Identify which is the cable to your where your new marble thing is located and completely disconnect it at the fuseboard end. (Live, neutral & earth)

Thats it, job done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back