Unusual Bath Waste to Identify and Repalce

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone identify this bath waste I need to replace. It looks like a shower waste in the bottom of the bath, but it has an integrated plunger which is operated by a winder like a normal pop up waste, which is mounted on the bath deck. The overflow is hidden and works on a big inverted U bend of pipe reaching nearly to the top of the bath with an anti siphon air inlet pipe in it. I suspect its about 10 years old, and I cant see any marks anywhere on it that give away who made it. It seems the seal has gone internally so when the plunger is down water still drains quite rapidly out of the bath.

(Sorry for the poorly stitched together photo)
bathwaste.png

The closest I have been able to find is this (which I cant find to buy anywhere);
U3A360051.jpg
http://axentbath.com/en/products/bathtub-waste-sfa-u3a360051-0/

Idea Standard do something very similar for a basin which they describe as a Idealflow Hidden Basin Overflow Waste but they don't do a bath version as far as I can see;

M-2015-8-6--7-11-38-829.jpg
https://www.qssupplies.co.uk/bathroom-furniture-shower-taps/117844.htm

Anyone ever seen one of these before or know where I might be able to find a replacement of a similar type so I don't have to get involved in drilling new holes and fitting blanking plates?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It’s just a space saving bath waste.
So where can nb11 get a replacement :?:

Only seen them when working abroad (n) made by geberit and others. There is no overflow aperture on the bath, overflow function is via the loopy pipe that acts on pressure :D.
The bath waste aperture could be oversized to accommodate the overflow valve mechanism :!:
https://www.top-badshop.com/Badewan...e-STARLET-1600-mm-mit-Mittelablauf-chrom.html
bettegeberitclou_z1 (1).jpg

nb11 maybe try for a search in mainland europe,there may be plunger,seals or service kits available,buying a new Uk spec bath :idea: might be quicker.

So where can nb11 get a replacement :?:
- Thats the $1m question!

Thanks @Old&Cold that looks like the sort of thing, a CLOU overflow / waste (?). I didn’t realise they were continental European. I think you might be correct, its easier to buy a new bath at that price! (€300) The quality of this one is certainly not commensurate with that price, its all very plasticy. I hadn’t even considered the fact that the hole in the bottom of the bath might be an odd size as well – I’ll have to measure it. Just to add to the fun the bath is one with a funny curved out bit at one end to shower in and its not tiled all the way under so thats another added awkwardness for replacing the bath.

If no one knows where I can get one of these things from I think its probably got to the point where I will just have to live with it :(. Frustrating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back