Unusual door bell needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m trying to find a doorbell, with possibly an odd lot of requirements.

It is for a church building that is used by a lot of different community groups.

I’d like it to be cordless.

I want two pushes, both battery powered.

I want five sounders, preferably ones that are plugged into a 13a socket.

Does anyone know where such a system is available. (I have probably been Googling the wrong terms)

Sponsored Links
The method I use it possibly too expensive, I use LP-link (Tapo and Kasa) hubs which double as sounders, and a Tapo button, this shows how I have added two sounders. Shows one door bell to two hubs_20231007_170929_Tapo.jpgIt also logs when used Door bell report.jpg but I am sure there are cheaper methods, I had originally used the button to turn on/off lights, and I needed two hubs as some functions only work with Tapo and others (TRV heads) only with Kasa when I bought the system. But it shows it can be done.

ours was battery and had 6 or more sounds available

I have used this and setup for a friend. had 3 bells with 2 door pushes
Ideal as it also had a strobe light on it nd different sounds for the front / backdoor bells -

BUT i dont know how many sounders can be used , cant see in the tech documents , as i say we had 3 - although they are battery versions - but they also do mains plug in

may be worth a call to them and see max number of sounders

Wireless devices, such as radios, that are receive-only, have no effect on the transmitter, and there is no limit to the number you can use.

Sponsored Links

ours was battery and had 6 or more sounds available

I have used this and setup for a friend. had 3 bells with 2 door pushes
Ideal as it also had a strobe light on it nd different sounds for the front / backdoor bells -

BUT i dont know how many sounders can be used , cant see in the tech documents , as i say we had 3 - although they are battery versions - but they also do mains plug in

That version is button linked, IE hold a button on both devices at the same time for a couple of seconds. Unless they have changed them, attempting to link to a second sounder automatically deletes the first link.

However they do have(not sure of the correct term) slave units with limited functionality; such as not identifying different doors as an example.

it was honeywell models i had - from TLC and had 3 sounders ALL linked to 2 different doorbells , a few years ago - perhaps i linked to the wrong unit
But i did suggest they call them
it had at least 6 different tones on it
anyway
sorry for any confusion

it was honeywell models i had - from TLC and had 3 sounders ALL linked to 2 different doorbells , a few years ago - perhaps i linked to the wrong unit
But i did suggest they call them

it had at least 6 different tones on it
anyway
sorry for any confusion

I had the opposite situation, right at beginning of lockdown with 2 sounders and 2 buttons with roughly 70m between them. We got 2 sets, as it happens from TLC, with careful positioning they worked OK over the distance (half of quoted range) but trying to link to 2 sounders didn't work at all. Phone calls to a number given by TLC came up with the 'slave' unit straight swap for base unit including post.

I'm wondering if there are different models available as I don't think these had 6 tunes, all I recall were about 4 ding dong sort of sounds with about 2,3,4 or 5 pings

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back