Unwanted zone and what to do with door sensor wiring

Sponsored Links
yes to tracing back and removing black and blue.

but you will need to fix a break in the series.

remove them and post a picture might be easier

yes to tracing back and removing black and blue.

but you will need to fix a break in the series.

remove them and post a picture might be easier
So I trace the blue and black wires to the choc bloc. Remove them but also insert a link wire where they were similar to the procedure for the zone?

Sponsored Links
Ok I’ll have a gander this afternoon. So the
zones aren’t labelled up on the choc blocs but I presume this is normal? It’s just a case of chasing back the black and blue that are in the same outer sheath as the red and yellow I removed from zone 5? Once I disconnect the blue and black tamper wires from the block and insert the link can I then simply cut the cable at the sensor end and tuck it away in the wall?

the cable sleeves are labelled according to your image

I believe I can see landing written on once cable and other things on ither cables but they are faint.

the cable sleeves are labelled according to your image

I believe I can see landing written on once cable and other things on ither cables but they are faint.
Excellent. I can see that now. So once the blue and black are removed and link wire inserted I can safely cut the wire at the sensor end?

Blue and black disconnected and yellow link wire inserted in its place. Cover went back on and no tamper light illuminated so I guess that’s it other than cutting off the sensor.

Attachments

• E4E83BA0-0C4D-4019-8F11-3E6357006D30.jpeg
    E4E83BA0-0C4D-4019-8F11-3E6357006D30.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 57
Interestingly though there’s one labelled up for patio door that’s not even connected!! It looks like it’s been snipped. I’ll have to do a walk test. We’ve lived her 21 years and the patio doors might not even be connected!!!

Thanks for taking the time to talk me through this Secureiam. It’s all sorted now.
I can’t understand the patio door wire. It has never been connected but during the walk test the door sensor works. The wire may be labelled as something else presumably?

Maybe another thread for a different day but Zone 4 is the patio door. They are the only black and blue wires in the zones and when traced back these are the tamper wires for the landing PIR
236BE5A8-AE04-4181-9640-07042EFDF9B7.jpeg

if that is the case they cable is being shared and the join could be anywhere between the panel, landing pir and the patio.

so chances are if you open the landing PIR you wont get a tamper fault

if that is the case they cable is being shared and the join could be anywhere between the panel, landing pir and the patio.

so chances are if you open the landing PIR you wont get a tamper fault
Thanks. I might as well ask whilst I’m on a roll. I’ve just looked at the patio door sensor and there are only the black and blue wires connected. I need to remove this zone too over the next few weeks as we are changing to French doors and we don’t want a door sensor. How would I delete this zone? Surely if there are only the black and blue into the zone then just remove these and add a link into the zone at the panel end?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back