Shock and Contact sensor on one Zone DEOL. - Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I currently have shock sensors on independent zones wired to most windows with 4 core wire. Current configuration is DEOL. I'm trying to understand if I can add a 1or 2 contact sensors into each zone.

Logic behind is, I dont want the alarm to set if we've left a window open. The error on the panel would flag the "Zone" window and can be addressed.

Panel is Enforcer V10 with ZEMs wired in. Shock sensors are Pyronix, and the contact sensors i've got are Knight. I cant figure the wiring given i'm using DEOL, do I just hook up up series to the Zone outputs (black and red in my case)?

(PS i know this sensor is showing 8 core, but that is not the case on the majority of sensors)

Thanks in advance. IMG_20210621_151102.jpg IMG_20210626_170913.jpg IMG_20210626_170931.jpg
IMG_20210621_151102.jpg
IMG_20210626_170913.jpg
IMG_20210626_170931.jpg
IMG_20210626_170939.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yeah, so the shock sensors are all on separate zones. To each shock zone I want to add in 1 or 2 contact sensors. Assuming I do so as show in the diagram that shows "Wiring D75MULTI in Shared Zone COnfiguration", i'm just not clear how I go about the resistor setup i've currently got on the shocks.

Okay.

basically the alarm has a 4k7 resistor across it and that applies to each device.

The 2k2 is at the end of the line.

one device 4K7 2K2
two devices 4k7 4K7 2K2
three devices 4K7 4K7 4K7 2K2

You have to make sure the circuit flows through.

Sponsored Links
depends on the resistor tolerances for active and tamper on a given system.

if any of the devices are active instead of seeing no resistance it will flow through the 4K7 resistor

so 1 active device 4K7 + 0 + 0 + 2K2 = 6K9
so 2 active devices 4K7 + 4K7 + 0 + 2K2 = 10K16
so 3 active devices 4K7 + 4K7 + 4K7 + 2K2 = 14K23

you would have to cut the resistor connection and the device to be active to give a tamper, or cut a wire running between the devices to activate a tamper or active a device tamper, say lid open.

Dont think this will work on the enforcer. Be better off putting resistors at the panel, or wiring the circuit conventionally if using a zem

But obviously it is preferable to use a different input for each device if possible

So you have a 8 zone zem with how many shock sensors/ other devices ? Does this have a separate psu ? As you may be overloading the enforcer ! ….

Sorry for the delay, two ZEMs (non PSU), current setup has 5 wired PIR's, 9 wired shocks, 1 wired deltabell x, then I have a selection of wireless devices. All is currently working except for a tamper error i'm dealing with on the bellbox, that i was going to post separately about. I've been going over the wiring this weekend, all the shocks except for two have 6 or 8 core wiring meaning I can just link these to a unique zone on a 3rd Zem. However two shocks are on 4 core, and without ripping apart more of the house i'm going to struggle to get new cables there. Worst case i could always go wireless on these if i have to.

I cant find any info regarding the v10 power supply. as it states it supported upto 4 zem-8's i assumed it can handle the current draw?

Thanks in advance

Sparky mark has this !
You are overloading the control panel without using auxiliary power supply..
2 Zem =80mA
5 pir's =40mA
9 shocks =144mA
Total 264mA
You are going to burn out the panel power supply. The 2200mA battery back up battery will not be able to cope with that amount attached in total power fail.

Can I attatch an aux PSU to the Zems? Or have to get dedicated Zem PSU models?

The whole thing is looped through my server UPS so has redundancy before falling to the backup battery, but obviously don't want to overload the panel.

So the internal PSU cant even handle .25 amps on the aux channels? What is the rating out of interest?

Just fit an external psu and back up battery (7.0ah ) better if you can get one with a mains fail output and wire to a zone or buy the proper PSU Zem…..normally you only common the negative from the control panel and not the positive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back