Pyronix Euro Mini - install question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just setting this up to replace an old Gardtec 800.

I have a choice of DP or DEOL for the input wiring and I'm just wondering what method is best. I have individual 6 core cable to each of the PIR / door contacts.

Any reason I should be choosing one over the other - what's the best practice I should be following here ?

PS - Gardtec is currently wired with resistors in each PIR which I'm assuming is DEOL but I think the values are different.

Many Thanks - David.

Sponsored Links
Your Euromini comes with a resistor pack
Replace the resistors in the pir with the correct value 2.2 tamper and 4.7 alarm and connect to panel.
If you choose double pole the you need to take jumper of pcb
EOL is the preferred way to wire alarm

Back in the "good old days" each zone on a (decent) alarm panel had two input pairs - an 'alarm' input & a 'tamper' input. A PIR would link back to the panel with 6 wires (3 pairs) - 2 power, 2 alarm loop & 2 tamper loop. Since each zone had an individual tamper loop as well as alarm loop it was easy to diagnose problems.

Although the Euromini can be wired in this manner it can only support a global tamper loop (and then at the cost of one zone). The downside of this is, that if used in DP mode, it cannot differentiate which zone has gone into tamper - only that there is a tamper event.

Wiring EOL alllows the panel to differentiate between alarm & tamper events using only a single pair of wires (since a different value of resistance is offered by the sensor for each event). You should use EOL.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back