Updating waste piping?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a n older property where the WC from the bathroom has its own connection direct to the drain ( underground gulley with a manhole cover on it) and the bathroom basin and bath itself empty into a ground level open gulley. It all works okay. the thing is the open gulley is right next to the back door - I was wondering if I can just convert the top of the gulley into a stack arranegment. There is a trap below the open gulley already. I was wondering if its possible to just take the top if the gulley away and fit a short stack and join the batha nd sink waste into it with an vent on top... Bearing mind it has a trap below ground - would I need to go above window level or not.. Any guidance gratefully recieved...!

:?:

Sponsored Links
Trap would have to go- then you would have a "stub stack" (google this ). Work should be notified to Local Authority Building Control. Gulleys aren`t a problem really. Treat with Jeyes Fluid once a month ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back