Upgrading a toilet syphon with handle flush ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm looking to replace my failing toilet syphon with a new unit and was wondering if it is possible to replace for a push-button type directly ?
Obviously replacing all the syphon section with a new body, but more questioning whether the handle hole is correct for the push button?

I'm looking at the Fluidmaster units from Screwfix, eg http://www.screwfix.com/prods/51173...ngs/Fluidmaster-Cable-Dual-Valve#BVRRWidgetID ??

Or perhaps the Fluidmaster flapper type, http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;j...tton.x=0&searchbutton.y=0&searchbutton=submit ?

Finally, does anybody have experience with any of the Fluidmaster range of fill valves (particularly bottom entry)

Thanks in advance for any useful feedback

Regards
John

Sponsored Links
the fluidmaster cable flush will fit a standard lever flush cistern.
(this is just a copy of the macdee accadia flush valve)
i prefer these over the flapper valve.

yep.

i've got one here the only fault with them is if yours was originally a lever handle on the front of the cistern when you replace with the button
it has a spacer you have to use that makes the push button stick out about 1" otherwise they are faultless.

the only time the flush button fits flush is if replacing a flush button as the hole is bigger in the lid etc.

you can see the thickness of the chrome button in the pic.

Fluidmaster_550_valve.gif

Sponsored Links
Thanks once again Seco, a great reply.

I think i'll leave the final choice of changing to a push button to the wife, she's got to live with it's design

I bought one of these conversion kits for my front handled plastic cistern and tried it with the button spacer but it looked so bad that I decided to carefully cut out a bigger hole by marking the appropriate hole size and following the outline by drilling lots of holes close together using a sharp 4mm hss drill bit,I then joined the holes together by moving the drill bit sideways until the piece of excess plastic dropped out,I now have a fantastic push button flush which is flush mounted and looks great,no pun intended :LOL:
If you want to try this yourself,make sure you have a sharp drill bit and don't put too much pressure on the cistern,just let the drill cut its way through,I found it relatively easy to do,just take your time and don't blame me if you crack your cistern !!!!
[/img]

Fit a fluidmasrer flapper valve.
You can have either a push-button version or a version which uses your existing handle.

Simplistic in design, very little to go wrong and dead easy to fix in the unlikely event it does.

171115_wpdp.jpg
171113_wpdp.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back