Upgrading Prem Elite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey All,

I've recently moved into a new house which had a Texecom Prem Elite 24 installed and I have been trying to expand it but have not had any luck. I bought myself a door-contact & panic button and have been attempting to attach them wireless to my system but I think I made a mistake assuming that my existing PIRs were wireless which now I'm questioning. I don't think the model I have includes the Ricochet networking technology so I'm not sure if it's possible to learn the new devices to my system? I have two available zones but looking at the PCB, the other 6 are all wired.

Is there a solution to extend my system with Ricochet support, or is there something I can do so that I haven't just wasted my money on the extra kit?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Sponsored Links
If it just premier elite 24 and not 24-W then unfortunately they can’t be learnt onto the system

I've been looking on the net and have seen there's a wireless expander - can I not purchase this to be able to connect the devices?

Yes by all means a wireless expander would work with a premier elite panel, obviously an additional cost though.

Sponsored Links
Some of the Ricochet expander are old versions and do not support devices like smart plug.
Be cautious when buying devices of internet when cheap.

ebay caution:- versions being sold as new often several years old, out of warranty and not capable of of some functions.

That said I pulled a distributor for selling gear over 1 year old this afternoon, got it swapped out whilst I was there.......poor stock rotation guess they may blame COVID....... but 12 months isnt quite how long covid has been causing major havoc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back