Upgrading Yale EasyFit Alarm to “Smart”

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there

Has anyone managed to successfully add a Yale Smart Hub to their existing EF EasyFit series alarm system...??

Looking to do this, but the manual suggests that the EF series equipment is not compatible with SR series devices......the Smart Hub is an SR device.

HOWEVER, the Yale web shop suggests you CAN add one to EF kits.....

“This HUB can be used to upgrade your existing Yale EF-Series alarm system to a Smart Home Alarm System. Simply replace your control panel with the Smart HUB and re-learn your existing components to complete the upgrading of your system”

Basically the conflicting info is confusing, so I’m just wondering if anyone has added one??

Thanks again in advance...

Sponsored Links
Works perfectly fine. I purchased a hub to go with my connected door locks, then proceded to replace my old alarm with Yale SR and EF devices (I purchased the SR-320 and EF-KIT1 plus two fobs). Only issue I'm currently facing is the keypads (EF-KP) which don't seem to want to arm/disarm, but I'm still figuring that out.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, there seem to be contradictory instructions all over the internet, even on Yale's own website (default pin 0000 vs 1234, press 3 vs press 4 for reinitializing a keypad, etc.). Both my keypads now work, except now I have a "ghost" keypad in my app and no (obvious) way of removing it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back