Upright Vax carpet cleaner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this is the right category for this. We have an upright Vax carpet cleaner which has been brilliant. However, the foam filter sock fell apart and I took it out. I am wondering if this has had anything to do with the machine going wrong. Now in use, water spurts out from underneath the machine and it can't suck it back in quickly enough. Also the hand held applicator has stopped pumping water. Any advice welcome or move this post if it has another place. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
No responses on this one. Does anyone else use these upright Vax machines and have any issues with them?

Nice one. Seems I have a white stud stuck in the up position under the water container. This has the "squirt" button jammed in the on position all the time. Does anyone know how to repair this?

Sponsored Links
Took the body apart with a screwdriver and there is a water valve in there which is stuck in the "on" position. I have found one online for £8.99 and will fit it when it arrives. I also ordered some new filters and fluid as I was paying postage anyway.

sorry for bringing up an old thread.

i have the same problem with my vax v-028 , took it apart and seems the 3d valve assembly is to blame, will order the new part later.

the problem im having is that a v shaped piece (kind of spring) of metal fell out from the foot handle release and i cant figure out how it goes back on lol, just wondered if you could help , or, if anyone knows where i can get the service/repair manual from??

Kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back