Upstairs Internal Doors question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently planning the renovation of my bathroom and I am replacing the door frame and door. The old frame has the horrible glass panel above it and it is not true at all so would rather replace altogether than try and correct it. I will eventually be replacing all door frames and doors over time but want to get the bathroom one done right first.

The doors upstairs are all very close together though, and the architrave around them is making them look even closer and a bit crammed in. They are 30" doors, I was thinking of reducing them down to 27" but I keep thinking to myself that this will be too small, I dont want to feel like I'm living in a caravan.

The bathroom door is also at a 90° angle to a bedroom door, and the architrave in the corner is interfering with each door. Is there any way I can make this look neater?

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 81
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 99
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 80
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 75
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 125
Sponsored Links
My home is a mix of 27 and 30" doors , very common , you could reduce door size and/or also the architrave dimensions a plain architrave will look neater and can be reduced in width without looking odd.

Thanks for the reply.

I think I might just take the plunge and fit the 27" door instead then, hopefully it shouldn't look out of place. 3" shouldn't make that much of a difference surely?

Please refrain from the usual 'my wife says' jokes lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back