upstairs lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone assist?

I pulled the pullswitch in the bathroom and the lights have packed up in there and two other rooms upstairs . I have looked at the rose and seems to be all intact . The other two rooms upstairs are all ok.Is it a case of a simple loose connection somewhere? All of the fuses seem ok also.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
When you say" the rose" do you mean the ceiling rose for the pendant? It may be that the circuit has been looped in & out of the pull switch instead of the ceiling rose so you probably have a looose or broken live or netral in there.

If not in the pull switch, look in the ceiling rose. Sometimes when a light bulb blows it can take out a weak point in the copper wire in the light fitting - either the copper was nicked when the insulation was trimemd back or been thinned when the terminal is screwed tight. It can be fine for years then one day just give up the ghost. With the power off, give the wires in the ceiling rose a gentle tug and see if one of them pulls free.

PJ

Sponsored Links
sorry yes I meant the pendant.How would I know if the wires are broken as you say is it easy to spot?

Will have a go at the ceiling rose on the light too.

Is a broken wire easy to replace?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back