Upstands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just had our workstop installed and, from what we can see, are happy with it. However, we went for upstands - one 208mm long and the other 265mm long at 83mm high. However, when installed they came in at 79mm, 80mm and 81mm - the 265mm came in two pieces despite being on the same wall and of different heights. My kitchen tile actually rocks on the division. My kitchen tiles will slant if the upstands are not all the same height. I was told the t&cs stated that some differences in size would happen (I don't recall seeing this) as dealing with natural stone always caused size differences, despite the sizeable worktop fitting perfectly. My questions are:

Is it true that I cannot expect accurate sizing - if sizing is a potential problem surely the company should have erred on the side of caution and presented the upstands higher.

Can they not do a 265mm upstand in one piece so that there is no visible break.

I have asked for 85mm high instead of 83mm in the replacements as my fitters can sort out the height - will they do this for me.

It might seem over-the-top but this is really stressing me out. It's a lot of money and I do feel they are treating me badly.

Many thanks for you helpful replies.

PL

Sponsored Links
The mismatch in height could be delt with by mounting all level at top of upstand as joint between the worktop and upstand with need sealing which will disguise the difference.
Although a natural material it should be possible to produce the same size even if it meant reducing height of all to match.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back