UPVC adhesion problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all,

I hope someone can help me with an issue I am having with the trembler contacts on my upvc windows .

I recently had new upvc windows fitted and have tried to refasten the trembler contacts to them (without screwing them on ) I have tried dbl sided sticky tape and self adhesive tabs to fasten the contacts to the frames but they keep unattaching themselves and causing false alarms (usually about 3am LOL !). Does anyone have recommendations on how to attach the sensors permanently (as I really need my beauty sleep!) . the sensors do not have a flat level back and have several undulations which makes getting a good continuous contact surface difficult . I was thinking about no more nails or epoxy glue but am worried that this will enter the contact body and caused issues . Would hot glue work ?

Many thanks in advance for any answers
Glenn

Sponsored Links
Not knowing the detectors you want to use. ( You did not say & there are many ) it's a bit difficult to advise but, in many years, and I mean many, I have never glued a detector to a window frame, always drilled and used cut down self tap screws.

The reason, glue/sticky pads etc absorb vibration making the detector/s less sensitive.

Remember, vibration detectors are designed to detect high frequency vibration like the hammering of wood, brick walls & breaking glass etc. not climbing through an open window or door.

2mm drill and small screws ..................as above your wasting your time with glue / sticky pads...

As Europlex says screws are the way to go you only need to fix in the UPVC no need to go right through to try and find any metal frame.

Drill a small pilot hole and insert ST screw into that, in fact even a modern wood screw will take in plastic.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back