Hidden Alarm Cable in Window Frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm currently 1st fixing my security alarm cable in my own self build and I am trying to minimise any visible cable / trunking on / around the window frame.
It's all hard wired as I am not a great fan of wireless.
The frames are UPVC.
I have already fitted 2 concealed Elmdene flush contacts within the actual window frames of 2 of my rooms and although these are now totally hidden it was a bit of a nightmare so I need a different solutions for the rest of the rooms.

With UPVC there is a lot of space between the opening and fixed part of the window frame so I am considering bringing my cable behind the plaster board and then drilling through the fixed frame at a place that will also be covered in plasterboard.
I would then run the cable around the corner of the inside of the fixed part of the frame and then back out through the frame via another drilled hole.
This would be directly behind the main part of the sensor.
Hence when the window is closed no cable or trunking of any sort will be visible.
20220626_120635.jpg

I have taken a photo of where I will be running the cable - for the photo I have just used a bit of generic red cable I had lying about.
The contacts I am using are texecom Impaq SC which are a contact and shock sensor all in one.

Ignoring the fact that I may well invalidate any window warranty and assuming I make all holes air and water tight can anyone see any flaws with this idea?
Also any ideas of how I would attach the cable securely to the inside of the frame would be appreciated as so far I can only think of superglue.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back