uPVC clading on bathroom ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've put this post in here as i'm not sure it fits into any other category....As you may or may not be aware from my tiling post , i am redoing my bathroom, and one thing i was thinking of doing is cladding the ceiling with uPVC..What are peoples thoughts on this ? The ceiling is currently artexed, so would need skimming if i wanted a flat ceiling...One of my concerns with the uPVC is that the downlighters i intend to use will discolour it..Would this still be a problem if i use low energy GU 10's .All help as always is greatly appreciated....Bill

Sponsored Links
I think you are heading for a huge condensation problem, Bill.
I'm using low energy GU10's in my bathroom and the heat is negligible. Most certainly I wouldn't be using the 50w lamps though.
John :)

Quicker, cheaper , easier to overboard with chamfer edge plasterboard and just fill screw hole and joint [after scrim].

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back