UPVC door fitting help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had some upvc doors fitted years ago and they always leaked so had them replaced last summer but still have the same problem. So today I've removed some of the ceiling to see if i could see where the waters coming from. I can now see that the water is running down the inside of the cavity. I've found where the water is probably getting into the cavity but i'm thinking the doors have been fitted incorrectly as well. Does anyone know if above the doors there should be something called a drip tray to channel the water away from the doors and internal plaster. Also should the doors have been fixed staight to the brickwork or should there be any type of damp proof.

Attached a few pics below:

Top of door - right
P2110032.jpg

Top of door - left
P2110034.jpg

View upward showing the 2 lintels
P2110035.jpg

View of the top of the casing
P2110037.jpg

Sponsored Links
can you show us an image of the external brickwork above the door, that includes the top of the door frame?

do not take such a close-up photo though. ;)

Sponsored Links
upvc installers are not responsible for cavity trays if lintels already exist. they may not even know what one is anyhow.

the frames are fixed direct to the masonry, no dpc.
in modern construction methods, the cavity closer dpm is tucked behind the door or window jamb.

there seems a lot of water there. is the water ingress more or less immediate once it starts to rain?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back