UPVC door has gap on handle side

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a UPVC door which is coming to about being 10 years old. The door appears to have developed a 2-3 mm gap between the door sseal and frame on the handle side around the middle section. The seal is tight at the top and bottom ends on the same side.

As a result I'm getting quite a draft coming through around the middle section on the handle side.

I've noticed I'm having to push the door quite a bit to get it to latch...maybe there is a bow on the frame around the middle. Could the current cold weather have had some impact on this?

The door is part of a upvc casement window with the window being next to the handle side.

any advise if this can be fixed or what may have caused it

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Can you post a couple of pics, maybe showing the opening edge of the door and the frame section it locks into? Depending on what locks there are, where they're located and the adjustment options, you might be limited in getting this section to draw in any further. Your only option might be slightly thicker gasket. Pics would help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back