Upvc door...how do you Fit the alarm sensor on

To be honest, i’d rather be safe than sorry. I have a tight budget at the moment so cant afford to make mistakes.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately we as a company would refuse to stick any contacts on a door as they are designed to be screwed on ....plus I’ve seen loads that have been stuck on which fell off causing false alarms ...

I’ve come onto this page expecting to find some really novel solution or alternative to the old block type reed switch to fit on a new composite front door and amazed to find nothing has changed over the last 20 yrs.

I took the old plastic block and magnet off my front door and bridged the contact thinking there would be some discreet new system but it’s looking like I will be replacing it with the same thing.

oh well....silicone gun out

Sponsored Links
customers should be advised, that stuck on does not meet the standards in the first instance and its there call regarding their warranty but if they fall off they would have to be screwed on or change the system design.

Went to house beginning of this year (customer not happy with their installers job to quote on a new solution) and some bulky wireless pyronix sensors had been stuck on some windows and doors and badly at that, 50% of them had dropped off, the panels speaker was crackling. The windows and doors were all triple glazed and cost a small fortune and they were advised not to screw anything to the windows and doors or warranty invalid.

There are some working on micro wired contacts/shocks I understand, the issue is connecting the wires to the device, then again they could fly lead them I guess. Will see if they ever materialise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back