UPVC Hinge Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm in a spot of trouble, last night I opened my window to let some air in but as I've closed the window the hinges jammed and bent.

After some research I realise that these hinges aren't expensive or difficult to replace but my questions are which hinges do I get and will the new hinges in the shops fit an old UPVC window?

here are some photos I took to help, looking at this style of window I will need big hinges but I'm no expert.

Sponsored Links
You may want to revise your "not difficult to replace" Well you will once you have done your 1st set lol
The are called friction hinges
You need the length of the hinges against the frame probably 16" or 20"
You want top hung

You also need the stack height 13 or 17mm but no way to check without removing 1st so buy 13mm with packers ebay is best for that.
Screwfix will sell the hinges but I'm not sure about packers.
Measure the hinge overhang at the top while in the closed position (once sash is removed)

Fixing holes will most likely not match up with new hinges

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back