UPVC Internal Window Trim Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, a builder mate of mine fitted new upvc windows for me. Due to his workload I agreed to fit any trims on the inside of the dorma windows.

The depth to fill is approx 50mm. I've looked at the upvc board that you can fit on top of existing board (the one with a profile like a walking stick) but the minimum depth is 15000mm leaving me with the job of cutting the majority of the depth off to fit.

For the sides I require an quite rigid L shaped profile and I cannot find this anywhere.

Any ideas? Help appreciated! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Have a look for your nearest Eurocell outlet and give them a call

http://www.eurocell.co.uk/8/branch-finder-1
There are other company's too but this is who I use.

Window trims come in 5m lengths of:
20mm
30mm
45mm
65mm
90mm

And rigid angles I think are
25 x 25mm
45 x 45mm
90x 90mm

You can get any silicone and stuff you need too. I would recommend cleaning the backs of the trims and what ever you are sticking too with some solvent cleaner first, It will then stick like s*** to a blanket

Good website! I can get the trims locally but was looking for something a bit thicker. The only L shape on the website is 100 x 80. I will contact them to see if they have smaller.
Thanks for the reply

They definetley do the 25 x 25 and the 45 x 45. I have bought some recently.

The 100 x 80 is the largest one they do in 3mm thick but I dought you will need larger than that my the looks of it.

Sponsored Links
Cheers. I will pay my local branch a visit on Saturday morning

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back