upvc piping mods

No, you are required to have a double check valve inside the property to comply with water regs

To be pedantic it doesn't actually say that in the Water Regs. Some of the guidance from the Water Suppliers does, like the one you quoted from Southern Water, but some others say a check valve on the tap is ok.

Sponsored Links
In practice Jon, I agree with your post above, but to be fair, the WRAS website states the following...

View attachment 99608

And while I agree with that sentiment we aren't talking about an existing installation. This is to be a new install to the front of the house.

i want to cut into and extend the cold so i can fit a garden tap at the front of the garage so i dont have to drag the hose round the front from the tap at the back outside of the property

Jon

hi again...the tap is inside the garage does that make a difference
thanks again
geof

In practice Jon, I agree with your post above, but to be fair, the WRAS website states the following...

View attachment 99608

And while I agree with that sentiment we aren't talking about an existing installation. This is to be a new install to the front of the house.

i want to cut into and extend the cold so i can fit a garden tap at the front of the garage so i dont have to drag the hose round the front from the tap at the back outside of the property

Jon

i meant inside the front end of the garage

I would say that the hose Union bib tap with the integral check valve is perfectly suitable for what you are doing. You are making the effort to comply and the thought police are not going to be calling on you any time soon :D

Sponsored Links
I would say that the hose Union bib tap with the integral check valve is perfectly suitable for what you are doing. You are making the effort to comply and the thought police are not going to be calling on you any time soon :D

my friend is an ex police inspector...will need to hide the tap when he comes round..

just a matter of interest..what does a double check valve do that is better than a single one...and has to be inside...what contamination can take place??

got the job done in white polypipe
the fittings really needed a strong push to get them to match up with the little arrows
otherwise no leaks except from a compression service valve on one side which although had copper olives needed a couple of turns of ptfe fudge tape to stop it
the tap is inside the garage and its a hose union bib tap with double check valve 3/4" dzr from tool station
thanks everyone for valuable advice
cheers
geof

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back