Upvc window 'trim'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just making good my existing upvc windows by updating handles etc.

One of them has had the double glazed unit replaced in the past, and the 'trim' holding the window in place has been cutback to ease getting it back in place.

Does anyone know where I could get a length of this 'trim' to replace the existing?

Thanks,

Tim.

Sponsored Links
Thats not a trim but the glazing bead, the glazing bead is specific to the frame system and has to come from the same maunufacturer, unless you can see any stamped/printed markings around the perimeter of the frames then you will not be able to fit something else

However a long shot but from the picture it looks very much like Veka

Quite probably an obsolete bead that you will struggle to find.

How about masking taping a straight edge, fill with silicone and shape it with a flat scrapper then take the tape off. Not ideal but will tidy it up.

Sponsored Links
Thanks both. Didn't realise glazing beads became obsolete so quickly! I will mask & drop a bit of silicone in there to make it a little neater...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back