urgent advice sought please. removing chimney.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

my builders strat work in the morning in order to remove the chimney above the roof, patch up roof and take off the remaining breasts. I have submitted a builders notice. Do we need to inform planning? The borough is barking and dagenham and the property is not in a a conservation area, urgent advice required! i have contacted the contractors and asked them to resolve the issue before they start.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You are very unlikely to require permission although all LA's are different so only a call to your Planning Department can confirm this 100%.

Sponsored Links
i have contacted the contractors and asked them to resolve the issue before they start.

What do you mean you have asked the contractors to resolve the issue?

The onus is upon the homeowner to ensure permission is granted/warranted and that b.c. are on board if needed.

The more discerning builder may advise you as to when you may require certain permissions prior to wielding the hammer but that is as far as the contractor can go.

no problem with planning, glad thats sorted! BCO came and had a look, no problems, chimney and breast now out, 1st floor hearth supported from downstairs by 2 lenghts of 4x2's. Contractor says it was not part of the job!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back