URGENT ASSISTANCE REQUIRED HELP!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was hoping someone would be able to advise me:

My cold water tank in the lofty was overflowing big time but also for some bizarre reason the cold water in the kitchen was dribbling virtually nothing.

I turned off the water from the driveway and sorted out the ballcock in the tank but the cold water in the kitchen doesn't work. All other taps work fine and the cold water tank fills up nicely.

What could be the problem?

Sponsored Links
Well most taps (hot and cold) are usually fed from the tank in your loft. The kitchen cold tap is different, you dont want to drink stagnent water so this tap is always direct of the mains supply. I would suggest the problem is related to the tap washer, so it's back to the driveway to turn water off again ( or inside stop cock if you can find it ) and dismantle tap. If you don't find the problem, then there must be a blockage but my money says it's the tap.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dirt in the pipes from work on the mains in the road? It blocks taps and gets stuck on the seat of ball valves so they don't shut.

Cheers guys,

I've also checked the garden tap which is fed from the mains and that works fine.

I dismantled the tap and the washer is fine (it's one of those ceramic washers) and also the tap is about 4 months old. We've had no problems before so I'm stumped.

Any more idea?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Next thing to do is check that the water supply is actually getting to your tap.
Take off the tap (turn off mains first) and then ask somebody to turn mains back onand then off.
If you get a spurt of water then you know it is the tap at fault and will need to be replaced or rewashered properly:cool:

Oh this is the same as that other thread...

Them ceramic jobbies can come apart inside so the ole gets blocked. Unless it's a posh make you probably won't be able to get bits for it either :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back