Urgent: Gap between 2 concrete houses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in an concrete house, between mine and next door there is a thin gap 1cm max, front and back, is this right? As my neighbour is convinced this isn't right and will have it filled in tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
OK a no-fines property ?

The walls were formed using steel shutters into which was poured the "no-fines" concrete.

Must admit. I have seen a few of these properties, but? could the 10.mm. gap be there to allow for a sort of expansion gap?

As for this "gap"? how far back into the concrete wall does it extend? I cannot see this gap extending too far in to the party wall, how would a steel shutter be removed?

Ken.

I live in an concrete house, between mine and next door there is a thin gap 1cm max, front and back, is this right? As my neighbour is convinced this isn't right and will have it filled in tomorrow.
My initial reaction is to ask could it be an expansion joint? A pic would be helpful otherwise I'm just guessing.

Sponsored Links
Given that large concrete floor / foundation slabs need to have expansion gaps I would image that vertical slabs such as walls would also need expansion gaps between them.

Hence an expansion gap could be essential between two concrete walled houses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back