Urgent Help Needed Please - Very Confused Lighting Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Minor emergency - I've attempted to fit a new light in our en-suite bathroom, but stupidly didn't make a proper note of the wiring config before detaching the old light (trying to do it in a rush on a Saturday evening as the wife the wanted me to do some painting as well!).

This is the wiring coming out of the ceiling

I've searched around for wiring diagrams etc, but can't find any that show this amount of wires.

I'm trying to connect a new light which just has the simple L & N connections as well as an earth and a separate 'loop' connection with 2 terminals.

Edit: I should say that the ceiling extractor fan is connected to the lighting circuit, so I guess that could be the set of wires with the red/yellow/blue wires?

I have spare terminal blocks I can use, just no idea which wires are supposed to go where, it's nearly the kids bath time and the upstairs of the house is in darkness. Help!!!! Please!

Sponsored Links
the red/red should be your switch cable, I would check this with a continuity tester.
If this is the case, one of these and the other 3 reds together in separate block, 2 blacks and blue together to your new fitting N, the other red from twin red cable and yellow to the L of your new fitting and bare cables sheathed and connected to E.

note cables on your next adventure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back