light fitting wiring problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately I did not make a note of where the old wires went when I disconnected old ceiling light wiring. I cannot now get new spot lights to work on the 2 way switches (one switch by back door, one by front). There are the following wires in the ceiling, they are 2 red wires, 1 blue, 1 black, 1 yellow, 1 yellow/green. I need to wire them into new ceiling light with Live, Earth and Neutral Connections and one spare connection to the right of these 3.
What wires do I connect from ceiling wiring to the new light fitting?
All I remember is that the two red wires seemed to be fitted separately when I disconnected old ceiling light fitting, but I may be wrong. Please can you help? I need wiring diagram urgently please.
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If you look at the shoulder headings you will see an icon that says "wiki" click on that & then look for 2-way cct. diagram

clue, my signature and "Sticky"

if it were a snake you would be dead by now its that close

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back