URGENT HELP PLEASE - Window leak

Sponsored Links
Still coming in!!! Just the same, supposed to be going away for Christmas, tried a few builders but non will come, not sure now what to do.

Well if you must go away then drape some polythene or tarpaulin over the window and try and seal somehow from water ingress behind the sheet at the top.

The thing is why all of a sudden has it started to leak, what has changed around the window to cause it (i assume nothing) so you may have water ingressing further up i.e. the roof above, guttering, internal CH pipes leaking under the floor, long shot i know but if its not the window then you need to explore everything, you may even need to take the plaster reveal down to trace the leak?

Seems worse than ever now.

Should not think that it is Ch pipes as it dried out yesterday when the rain stopped.

Any builder in the Basingstoke area available to help.

Sponsored Links
I think from the photos there is a flat roof directly above? Any small hole or tear in the tarpaulin could cause water to leak through the brick work. I had this problem in my old flat - it was a couple of tiny holes and it caused a leak in the ceiling. Look for any holes or rips within a couple of metres of the leak if you can get on roof.

There is no flat roof on top.

Above is the bathroom Window, approx same size and then the roof, which is tiled.

There are but it all dried out yesterday when the rain stopped, therefore it must be associated with the rain.

Have managed to get hold of a builder who is going to take a look tomorrow, therefore hope he can sort the problem.

It may just be soaking through the brickwork. Tompson water seal may solve the problem buy I think the bricks need to be dry to apply it.
Also if it works you need to recoat the wall every five years or so.

Definatley worth trying if only to eliminate one possible cause

Builder thinks it is coming through the brickwork, bricks are saturated.

Makes sense a normal days rain has not come in but over the last week or so we have not really had normal rain, its been horizontal torrents.

So hope that over Christmas we only have showers then it looks like silicon brick seal, any recommendations?

I'd recommend cementone waterseal from travis perkins builders merchants, they also sell the better known thompsons waterseal, i have used both recently on the same wall on the same day (ran out of cementone and bought thompsons) and i preferred the way cementone went on, both are just like water but the thompsons was milky and for some reason didn't spread or paint on as well as cementone (which is clear as water)

Dead easy to do with a 4" brush, but do wear goggles, rubber gloves and roll your sleeves down too as no matter how careful you will be it will splash, protect your floor too if you don't want a patchy path lol............i made that mistake and ended up painting the path too :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back